September 10, 2015
Welcome once again to our St. Madeleine Sophie School family! It has been a busy couple of days as we have begun to learn each other’s names and the new classroom expectations. I have thought on more than one occasion this week that we should be the PreK kittens instead of parrots as I feel like all I am doing is trying to herd cats. We are slowly learning how to line up, walk in a line, sit criss-cross applesauce on the rug, listen to directions, follow directions, etc. It is going to take time, but that is what we are here for – to learn how to learn. I am excited to report that I am already seeing improvements!
Please join me tonight at 6:30p in the Church for Back-to-School night. Mr. Sherman will introduce all of the teachers and explain a few things before you are invited to visit your child(ren)’s classroom to hear more about how the classrooms are run. Each teacher will make two identical presentations so parents of multiple students may hear from at least two teachers. This is a great time to bring up any questions you may still have.
- Tomorrow is picture day. It is a free dress day, so students do not need to wear uniforms. Please remember to send in your order form if you would like to purchase pictures.
- We will attend our first all school Mass next Wednesday (9/16). We will bless the new buildings. Please join us if you are available.
- Please remember to label your child’s bags, water bottles and clothing. Items left places other than the classroom often make their way to our lost and found bin outside the school office.
- Please send a water bottle to school with your children so they can stay hydrated after recess and PE.
- Our first colds will begin to make the rounds soon. Please remember to keep your child home if they are sick, especially with a fever.
Thank you for entrusting me with your wonderful children!