St. Madeleine Sophie School
December 3, 2017
Thank you everyone for helping make our parent-teacher conferences run so smoothly. We have a great group of children and it is nice for me to check-in and share with you the amazing things I see in the classroom everyday. I am very excited to continue watching these young students blossom!
The Christmas season is finally upon us. I hope you are enjoying the preparations! I am having a wonderful time reliving the magic through the eyes of your children. We are so blessed to be working in a community that gets to celebrate the “reason for the season” – Jesus!! I am having so much fun exploring the story of Jesus’ birth and how lucky we are that he is sharing his birthday with us. Of course we are talking about Santa Claus and getting excited for his visit, but I am also sharing the story of St Nicholas, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception and eventually the Epiphany. So much to learn and explore and only two weeks to get it all done – wish me luck!
As you should have read in the Thursday newsletter, we will be meeting around the quad first thing each morning for the next two weeks for our Advent Prayer Service. This is an opportunity for us to say a prayer and sing a special song with the whole school. It can be a little cold, but it is fun to meet together to recognize this special season. I hope you are able to join us at least once.
This week we will not have Mass on Wednesday, but on Friday instead. We will be celebrating the Feast of the Immaculate Conception as a Holy Day of Obligation. Once again, please join us at 9am if you are able.
In the spirit of gift giving and helping those in need, we are hosting our annual diaper drive to help Eastside Baby Corner. The best part of this drive is that ALL diapers are accepted – even open packages and individual diapers. Please help your child learn to embrace the idea of giving by letting them bring in diapers to donate. Thank you as always for your support!
Our annual St. Nick Night will be this Thursday night, December 7th at 7p. Please bring your child to the social hall (lunch room downstairs) to meet me at 6:30p. You may find your seat and we will come up as a class. I will send a map on Wednesday that will show you which side of the alter your child will be on so you may have the best view. The band students from the 5th grade and middle school will play a couple of songs followed by singing by our PreK – 4th grade students. Each grade will sing one song and then they will all sing a couple of songs together. We will finally adjourn to the Koinonia room for cookie treats. The whole evening should only last about an hour. Thank you to everyone who signed up to help with the event. If you were unable to volunteer, please help clean up a couple of tables before you leave and we will all be home for our early bedtimes.
- St Nick Night Thursday, December 7th at 7p: Please bring your child dressed in their holiday best to meet me in the social hall downstairs at 6:30p.
- Diaper Drive for Eastside Baby Corner.
- Christmas Break December 15th 3p dismissal until January 3rd 8:30 am start: Please note we will have a full day of school before the break which is different from years past.
- Please remember to label your child’s bags, water bottles and clothing. Items left places other than the classroom often make their way to our lost and found bin outside the school office.
- Please send a water bottle to school with your children so they can stay hydrated after recess and PE.
- Our first colds will begin to make the rounds soon. Please remember to keep your child home if they are sick, especially with a fever.
Thank you for entrusting me with your wonderful children!