December 19, 2018
My how time flies! I hope you all had as much fun as I did at St. Nick Night! Everyone did such a great job practicing our songs, though I have to say I am very glad we were able to have our show early so we could enjoy the holiday season in a relaxed classroom. We have been very busy decorating our space. I have attached a few pictures for you to see – they are not the best, but you get the idea! I will try to send most of the projects home before the break.
Congratulations to Jeramie Loveless, our SLE winner this month. He did an amazing job sitting still and singing during our St. Nick Night production. It is so hard for all of our young students to remain attentive to all of the performers, but Jeramie did an outstanding job. Tuesday he enjoyed a pizza lunch with Ms. Romero.
Thank you for bringing in all of the diapers for our donations to Eastside Baby Corner. It is hard to imagine having to choose between food and diapers – two of life’s necessities. Your donations are much appreciated!
We are finishing up our studies of the letter Jj and learning all about the true meaning of Christmas. I LOVE where I teach and sharing the gifts of God. Your children are so curious and understanding of all the complexities of this season. We are learning about Mary, Joseph, Jesus, Wisemen, Santa, Rudolf, the Grinch and snowmen that talk. I am so lucky to be able to spend this special time with all of your children! Please, enjoy EVERY minute!
Please note that tomorrow, Friday Dec 21st, we will have CASUAL Christmas free dress. This means fun holiday sweaters and lots of red to celebrate our last half-day before the break. Please do not send your child(ren) in their holiday finest as we will be outside for recess :).
- Friday, December 21st dismiss at 12pm: Please note we will have a half day of school before the break, so no one will be staying for lunch.
- Christmas Break December 21st 12p dismissal until January 7th 8:30 am start.
- January 21st No School: Martin Luther King Jr’s Birthday.
- Please remember to label your child’s bags, water bottles and clothing. Items left places other than the classroom often make their way to our lost and found bin outside the school office.
- Please send a water bottle to school with your children so they can stay hydrated after recess and PE.
- Our first colds will begin to make the rounds soon. Please remember to keep your child home if they are sick, especially with a fever.
Thank you for entrusting me with your wonderful children!