Thanksgiving is so early this year – it has really snuck up on me!! I hope you are all set with your plans to spend the holiday with family and friends. My parents are coming into town and we will spend time with my brother’s family in Olympia. Please do not forget about our conferences next week. I am looking forward to meeting with each of you to talk about the great progress your students are making this year! Please also remember that school will dismiss at 12p Mon and Tues so we are able to get them all finished before the break. Students will still have a snack at school, but they will eat lunch after school on Mon and we will have our feast on Tues.
As I mentioned before, we are having a Thanksgiving feast with the Kindergarten students on Tues. I have sent home a letter with all of the details and an item for each of you to contribute. We will have 23 students, but they are little and will not eat very much, so plan your contributions accordingly. The letter asks for some items to be brought by Mon, but I am fine with everything arriving Tues before school. We invite all families to attend, help and take pictures. We will start setting up about 10:45 if anyone would like to come help. Thank you!
This week we are talking about the letter Tt. We are practicing writing and listening for the letter while we make all kinds of crafts. I hope to have it all displayed for you when you arrive for conferences next week.
Thank you to everyone who has brought in their items for the boxes we are donating to the family in need. Please remember to bring in the last of the items by tomorrow so I can have them boxed up and ready to go first thing Monday morning.
Once again, please mark your calendar for our annual St. Nick Night on Thursday, December 6th at 7p. SMS PreK – 4th grade students will dress in their best holiday outfits and perform some Christmas classics in the Church. Each grade will sing one song and then they will all sing a couple of songs together. We will finally adjourn to the Koinonia room for cookie treats. The whole evening should only last about an hour.
Each year, certain classes are “in charge” of hosting various events. The PreK and Kindergarten classes are specifically asked to help with the Christmas concert. You should receive a Sign-Up Genius email requesting help with set-up, dessert donations and clean-up. Please look for the email and sign-up to help wherever you are able. Thank you!
- Thanksgiving Box Donations Due Nov. 16th.
- Parent Teacher Conferences Monday and Tuesday, Nov 20- Students dismissed at 12p. Students will not eat lunch at school, but they will have a snack.
- No School Wednesday-Friday, Nov 21-23. Teacher in-service and Thanksgiving holiday.
- St Nick Night Thurs Dec 6th at 7p.
- Christmas Break December 21 noon dismissal until January 7th 8:30 am start.
- Please remember to label your child’s bags, water bottles and clothing. Items left places other than the classroom often make their way to our lost and found bin outside the school office.
- Please remember to send in jackets with hoods every day – the rainy season is officially here.
- Please send a water bottle to school with your children so they can stay hydrated after recess and PE.
- Our first colds will begin to make the rounds soon. Please remember to keep your child home if they are sick, especially with a fever.
Thank you for entrusting me with your wonderful children!