Thank you everyone for helping make our parent-teacher conferences run so smoothly. We have a great group of children and it is nice for me to check-in and share with you the amazing things I see in the classroom everyday. I am very excited to continue watching these young students blossom!
Congratulations to Lauren Woosley, our SLE winner this month. She is a very patient PreK student who SERVES our class well by setting a great example. Please be sure to read her complete nomination as well as the rest of the winners’ in the Thursday packet.
We are taking our time entering the Christmas season as we still have three more weeks before our break. This week we have been working with numbers and shapes. Rhombus is a tough one to remember (we all know it as a triangle), but we’ll get there. We have also been working with the letter Rr – rainbows, rabbits and rockets. We will finish the week with Rudolf as we jump into learning about the “real reason for the season” – Jesus – next week!
As you should have read in the Thursday newsletter, we will be meeting around the quad first thing each morning for the next three weeks for our Advent Prayer Service. This is an opportunity for us to say a prayer and sing a special song with the whole school. It can be a little cold, but it is fun to meet together to recognize this amazing season. I hope you are able to join us at least once.
In the spirit of gift giving and helping those in need, we are hosting our annual diaper drive to help Eastside Baby Corner. The best part of this drive is that ALL diapers are accepted – even open packages and individual diapers. Please help your child learn to embrace the idea of giving by letting them bring in diapers to our classroom to donate – we’ll get a special prize if we have 100% participation J. Thank you as always for your support!
Our annual St. Nick Night will be next Thursday night, December 6th at 6:30p. Please bring your child to the social hall (lunch room downstairs) to meet me at 6:00p. You may find your seat and we will come up as a class. I will send a map on Wednesday that will show you which side of the altar your child will be on so you may have the best view. Students from the middle school will play a couple of songs on the chimes followed by singing by our PreK – 4th grade students. Each grade will sing one song and then they will all sing a couple of songs together. We will finally adjourn to the Koinonia room for cookie treats. The whole evening should only last about an hour. Thank you to everyone who signed up to help with the event. If you were unable to volunteer, please help clean up a couple of tables before you leave and we will all be home for our early bedtimes.
- St Nick Night Thursday, December 6th at 7p: Please bring your child dressed in their holiday best to meet me in the social hall downstairs at 6:00p.
- Diaper Drive for Eastside Baby Corner: Diapers due to our classroom by Tuesday, Dec 18th.
- Christmas Break December 21st 12p dismissal until January 3rd 8:30 am start: Please note we will have a half day of school before the break, so no one will be staying for lunch.
- Please remember to label your child’s bags, water bottles and clothing. Items left places other than the classroom often make their way to our lost and found bin outside the school office.
- Please send a water bottle to school with your children so they can stay hydrated after recess and PE.
- Our first colds will begin to make the rounds soon. Please remember to keep your child home if they are sick, especially with a fever.
Thank you for entrusting me with your wonderful children!